Your childbirth preferences plan
Your health and the safety of your baby are always our top priorities. Creating a birth plan is a great way to let your care team know your wishes. It’s not a contract, and you can change your plan at any time. If you haven’t made your birth plan yet, make it now and share it with us at your next appointment.
Learn more about creating a birth plan
Each room in our labor, delivery, and recovery unit includes a:
- Pull-out bed for your labor support person
- Rocking chair
- Private bathroom and shower
When you’re in labor, you can have up to three adult guests with you in the room, including your significant other or labor support person.
For cesarean section deliveries, only your significant other or labor support person is permitted in the operating room pending physician consent. While you are in recovery, only your significant other or labor support person is allowed to visit.
More information for friends and family
Photos and videos
You’re welcome to photograph or video this memorable occasion but please keep the following in mind:
- Photos and videos are allowed only after the baby is born, not during the labor process or during a patient care procedure.
- Floor-mounted tripods or electrical cords are not permitted because they’re a tripping hazard.
- Physicians and staff involved in the birthing process must give their approval in advance to be included in photos and videos.