Watsonville Community Hospital
About this Facility
Watsonville Community Hospital is your community healthcare provider; a 106 bed facility that offers a comprehensive portfolio of medical and surgical services to the culturally diverse tri-county area along California’s Central Coast.
We believe in the power of people to create great care. We’re more than 620 employees and over 200 physicians strong. The physicians and staff at Watsonville Community Hospital strive to exceed patient expectations, while delivering compassionate, quality care. We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
The following services are available:
- 18 large, suites with private showers
- 24/7 Hospitalists from Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford
- 24/7 Obstetric anesthesia epidurals/spinals
- 24/7 OB/GYN coverage
- Skin-to-Skin contact and early breastfeeding is encouraged
- Experienced and compassionate obstetricians and pediatricians
- Family/partner-centered 24/7 visiting policy
- Flexibility related to birth choices
- Intermediate intensive care nursery
- Lactation support services
- Several pain management options
- Sleep rooms for parents with babies who need extended treatment
- Bilingual staff
- Laparoscopic hysterectomies
- Essure sterilization/tubal ligation
- Nutritional support program for diabetic mothers
This hospital has earned a Baby-Friendly designation for providing outstanding care and support for baby feeding and mother/baby bonding.
Becoming a Baby-Friendly facility is a measure of excellence in maternity care that reflects our commitment to the health of all of our members — especially brand-new ones.