Kaiser Permanente members can work one-on-one with a wellness coach through convenient phone sessions. A wellness coach gives personal support to help you reach your specific health goals.
Get one-on-one guidance and support from a dedicated wellness coach who can help you set goals, stick to them, and, most importantly, see results. And you can do it all from the comfort of home.
Partnering with a wellness coach can help you:
- Manage your weight
- Reduce stress
- Quit tobacco
- Eat healthier
- Increase activity
Benefits of wellness coaching
- Convenient. Make the call from any location that works for you.
- Hassle-free. No need to worry about driving, parking, or using public transportation.
- Flexible. Phone appointments are based on your schedule.
- Nonjudgmental. Coaches accept and acknowledge wherever you are in the change process.
- Tailored. Sessions are based on your readiness to make a change.
No, wellness coaching is offered to Kaiser Permanente members at no additional cost.
Wellness coaching sessions are available during specific business hours, depending on where you live.
Monday through Friday:
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hawaii time
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time
- 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mountain time
- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern time / 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time (Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., only)
- 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time (Northern California only)
Our wellness coaches are health educators with expertise in preventive health care and behavior change. Your coach is specially trained to help you break through barriers that may have held you back in the past. They don’t tell you what to do — they work with you to create a personalized plan to help you reach your goals and discover techniques that work for you. Your coach can help you identify your motivation, build your confidence, and make healthy lifestyle changes.
You and your coach will decide on the frequency and number of phone sessions based on our coaching guidelines and your specific goals.
During your first phone session, your coach will:
- Get to know you and learn about your health goals
- Help you identify your motivations for making a change
- Ask about your strengths and past successes with change
- Help you choose a health topic to focus on
- Share helpful resources
- Work with you to map out next steps toward your goal
Wellness coaching works
"I feel like I have control over my life again. My coach made a huge difference. He would really challenge me to think about what I could take on between calls.”
— Samuel, lost 25 pounds and kept it off
“My coach helped me identify the triggers of my stress. He taught me that stress never stops coming at you, and many times you can’t control the situation, but you can always control your reaction.”
— Gabriel, learned new techniques to reduce stress
“I realized on my first call that it was all about being self-motivated. My coach didn’t tell me what to do; the key was what I was going to do. It’s a great feeling to know that I was able to make this huge change, and I hope to be able to inspire others like my coach inspired me.”
— Ethan, added healthy habits into his everyday life