Your childbirth preferences and plan
Your health and the safety of your baby are always our top priorities. Creating a birth plan is a great way to let your care team know your wishes. It is not a contract, and you can change your plan at any time. If you haven’t made your birth plan yet, make it now and share it with us at your next appointment.
Learn more about creating a birth plan >
Each room in our labor, delivery, and recovery unit includes:
- A 42-inch flat-screen television
- Educational and entertainment options through our Interactive GetWellNetwork
- A comfortable sleeping option for your labor support person
When you’re in labor, you can have up to 3 guests with you in the room, including your partner or labor support person. Visitors must be 18 and older. We promote family bonding so siblings are welcome to visit when accompanied by an adult whose only task is their care.
You’re welcome to photograph this memorable occasion! Please keep the following in mind:
- Handheld still photography is welcome.
- Handheld videotaping is allowed after the baby is born.
- Floor-mounted tripods are not permitted because they’re a tripping hazard.
When you arrive to the mother and new baby unit, you will be asked to push a button to play a lullaby throughout the hospital announcing the birth of your baby.