Your care team
At Kaiser Permanente, your labor and delivery care team may include:
- Obstetrics-gynecology physicians
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Family medicine physicians
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Anesthesiologist/Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs)
At the hospital
Depending on your preferences and needs, you may receive care from a physician or a certified nurse-midwife during your pregnancy. If you or your baby needs special care, we’ll refer you to one of our high-risk specialists.
Choosing your baby’s doctor
Selecting a personal caregiver is one of the best things you can do for your child’s health. By choosing a clinician during your pregnancy, you can begin to develop a trusting relationship with them and prepare for your baby’s first visit.
- If you see a family medicine physician for yourself, that physician may be able to see your child as well.
- If you already have a clinician for your other children, this clinician will be happy to take care of your new child.
- A “Meet and Greet” session can be helpful if you have specific questions for a clinician you are considering. If you are interested, you may call 503-813-2000 and schedule an appointment to meet with one of our clinicians.
- We will help schedule the baby’s follow-up appointments with your chosen clinician before you leave the hospital.
Here are some tools to help with that selection: