At week 32, your baby is about the size of a bunch of kale. Your baby weighs 3 to 4 pounds and is about 16.5 inches long. At birth, your baby will likely weigh between 6 and 9 pounds and measure 19 to 21 inches long.
This week, your baby's:
- Lungs are maturing. With lungs almost fully developed, your little one is busy practicing breathing.
- Nervous system is continuing to develop.
- Brain is growing quickly.
- Vernix (white, creamy substance that protects the skin from drying out from exposure to amniotic fluid) is also decreasing.
- Skin is becoming less wrinkly and smoothing out.
- The hair on your baby’s head is getting longer.
Do you notice more kicks in your ribs? It may not mean you have a soccer player, just that the baby is in the head-down position, where most babies eventually end up before they are born. You might also notice less rolling movements