Your growing baby is around 2 inches long and is about the size of a fig. Their body is starting to straighten and get longer. Your baby’s moving around a lot, although you probably don’t feel it yet.
- Blood vessels are getting larger. To keep enough nutrients flowing, more blood vessels are also growing in the placenta.
- Face continues to develop this week. Ears are nearly in place on the sides of the head. A tongue has formed in the baby’s mouth.
- Head remains large, about half of the entire size of the body.
- Nipples appear on the chest.
- Fingers and toes are completely separate and no longer webbed.
- Sex organs continue to develop.
- The kidneys begin to make urine.