The old saying, “You are what you think” may be true. Negative thoughts may lead to a more negative outlook on life. And that negative outlook, can then lead to more negative thoughts. This cycle of negativity may result in stress, anxiety, and depression.
To break the cycle, it’s important to add more positive thoughts into your life as often as possible.
What is an affirmation?
The word “affirm” means to validate or confirm. In the mental health world, affirmations are short, encouraging statements that you can use to create a more positive frame of mind.
You can repeat an affirmation to yourself as often as you’d like — while brushing your teeth, driving to work, or before you fall asleep. The more often you use an affirmation, the more it can help reinforce your value and self-worth and it may even positively affect your behavior.
Affirmations to try
Try using one of these affirmations each week. They can help you stay positive so you can continue to tackle your goals.
- I am ready.
- My efforts help me succeed.
- I can make a real difference.
- My hard work will pay off.
- I am strong.
- I have the power to make the right choices for me.
- I have faith in my abilities.
- I got this.
- I am grateful for what I can do.
- I am happy to be me.
- My goals are achievable.
- I am confident.
- I will practice self-kindness.
- I am on the right path for me.
- I am thankful for the love in my life.
- I will take action and accomplish my goals.
- Success is mine.
- I will find the good in all things.
- I am always learning.
- I trust myself.
- I will try new things.
- I will turn negative thoughts into positive ones.
- I am safe.
- I love myself.
- Life is beautiful.
- I am powerful.
- I believe in myself.
- It’s OK for me to have fun.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am well-rested and full of energy.
- I am relaxed and at peace.
- I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
- My life is a gift.
- I deserve love and happiness.
- I care for myself.
- Healthy food fuels my body.
- Today, I will succeed.
- I give myself room to grow.
- Each day is filled with joy.
- I embrace my power.
Looking for more ways to stay positive?
Discover how to improve your mind-body connection with these mental health resources.