Sensual exercises may help with erection problems (erectile dysfunction). Doing these with your partner may help you relax and focus more on the pleasurable touching of lovemaking than on the erection itself. Focusing too much on having an erection may make it difficult to have one.
Sensual exercises may be most helpful if done in a soothing, relaxing, and playful atmosphere. Put on some pleasant music, turn off the phone, and concentrate on your partner. Try these steps over the course of several days or more. Move to the next step only when both partners are ready.
- Start by caressing your partner without touching any part of the genitals.
- Remove your clothes.
- Have your partner lie face down.
- Beginning at the neck, slowly caress and/or kiss your partner from head to toe.
- Then, have your partner turn over.
- Repeat the caressing and kissing.
Avoid touching the nipples or any part of the genitals. Concentrate on how good touching your partner feels.
- Then, trade places. Lie on your stomach while your partner caresses you.
Do not have intercourse the first day. Enjoy holding each other, relaxing, and laughing.
- Include genital touching.
Again, do not have intercourse. If sexual tension from any erection that occurs is too much to stand, masturbate to relieve the tension.
- Continue genital touching and have intercourse.
Do not force lovemaking too soon. Rather, fully enjoy the genital pleasure leading up to it.
Current as of: August 2, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine
Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine
Christopher G. Wood MD, FACS - Urology, Oncology