Multivitamins/fluoride chewable tablet - oral
Multivitamins/fluoride chewable tablet - oral
This medication is a combination product of vitamins and fluoride. It is used in children to treat or prevent deficiency due to poor diet or low levels of fluoride in drinking water and other sources. Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health. Fluoride is used to prevent dental cavities.
Chew this medication thoroughly and swallow, usually once daily at bedtime after brushing the teeth or as directed by the doctor. If your child cannot safely chew and swallow this tablet, consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Take this medication at least 2 hours before or after taking any products containing calcium (including milk, yogurt, other dairy products) or aluminum/magnesium hydroxide (e.g., certain antacids/laxatives) since these may decrease its effectiveness.
The fluoride in this chewable tablet can be absorbed directly into the teeth during and after chewing, as well as being absorbed into your body from your stomach. Therefore, it is best not to eat, drink, or rinse your mouth for 30 minutes after taking this.
Take this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Stomach upset, constipation, or nausea may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact the doctor or pharmacist promptly.
If your teeth become mottled or stained, notify the dentist or doctor. This may be a result of too much fluoride.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any of the following symptoms of a serious allergic reaction:
In the US -
Before taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to any of its ingredients; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before taking this medication.
This product passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
See also How to Use section.
Your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of any possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription/herbal products you may use, especially:
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: nausea, vomiting, stomach pain.
Do not share this medication with others.
This product is not a substitute for a proper diet. Remember that it is best to get your vitamins from healthy foods. It is important to maintain a well-balanced diet.
Check the fluoride content of your water supply by asking local town or city officials. Fluoride supplements are not necessary if the fluoride content in the water supply is greater than 0.6 parts per million. If your water supply changes, check with your doctor or dentist to determine if extra fluoride is still necessary.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose at the regular time. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (between 15-30 degrees C) away from heat and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Information last revised June 2018.
Copyright(c) 2018 First Databank, Inc.