Addiction treatment services in Oregon/SW Washington
The first step to getting help is often the hardest. If you or a loved one needs treatment for substance use issues — or you just want more information about addiction and recovery — we’re here to help
How can you or a loved one get started with addiction treatment services?
You don't need a referral — just give us a call if you’re ready for help.
- Call 503-249-3434 or 1-855-632-8280, weekdays, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., to speak to a provider or schedule an appointment.
- Weekends and after hours, call 1-800-813-2000 for more information on how to access services
Do not attempt to access emergency care through this website.
If you think you’re having a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Our treatment model
Kaiser Permanente offers a full range of evidence-based treatment options for substance use issues. Our compassionate providers will work with you and your family to create a care plan that’s specific to your needs. Below are some addiction treatment services you may receive.
Care for your physical and emotional well-being:
- Withdrawal symptom management
- Risk assessment that takes the whole you into consideration
- A trauma-informed care approach
- Strengths-based interventions
Addiction recovery tools:
- Evidence-based interventions
- Personalized care with a variety of options
- Group and individual treatment
Community resources and support:
- Family counseling services
- Strong connections to local 12-step programs
- Connections to Oxford House and other recovery housing options
- Access to alternative resources to 12-step programs
Please note: Services are subject to the terms of your coverage.
Our addiction treatment team is passionate about helping people. Providers on your team may include:
- Addiction medicine specialists — doctors, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Masters-level, certified alcohol and drug counselors, licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, and licensed marriage and family therapists
Addiction information and resources
If you’re not ready to get help now or are seeking more information to support a loved one, here are some resources to learn more about addiction treatment:
- The Alano Club of Portland
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Oregon Recovers
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
© 2019 Kaiser Permanente