Update on Northern California fires
Kaiser Permanente is closely monitoring the fire and PG&E public safety power shutoffs situations in Northern California. Our top priority is the safety of our patients, members, employees, and our community.
All Kaiser Permanente facilities in Northern California, including the Santa Rosa hospital*, are currently open and operating during normal business hours.
*Note: For additional information about our facilities in the Santa Rosa area, please visit kp.org/santarosa.
Additionally, video visits and telephone appointments are available for primary care needs. If you have questions about scheduled appointments, you can contact our Appointment and Advice Call Center at 1-866-454-8855.
We will continue to evaluate the situation and provide more information as it becomes available.
Reminder: Safeguard your health
It's important to take precautions to stay healthy if you or your family are in an area being impacted by the current fires — especially those with respiratory conditions like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. We recommend that you:
- Stay indoors and keep your windows closed (unless instructed otherwise).
- Use "controller" steroid inhalers (like QVAR) as prescribed.
- Use "quick relief" inhalers to help with shortness of breath.
- If you have oxygen, use it if you have difficulty breathing.
- Run an air conditioner, but keep the fresh-air intake closed and the filter clean to prevent outdoor smoke from getting inside.
- Use fans in each room to help move the air in your house.
- If you have difficulty breathing and would like medical advice you may reach our Appointment and Advice Call Center at 1-866-454-8855. If you think you have a medical emergency, call 911 for assistance.
Getting your prescriptions if you're affected or displaced
If you would like your non-urgent prescriptions mailed to you, you can order them online at our refill page or call our Northern California Mail Order Pharmacy at 1-888-218-6245. Please note, it may take 3-5 business days to deliver your prescriptions via mail.
If you need an urgent prescription or refill, you can go to any open Kaiser Permanente pharmacy. To search for a pharmacy near you, visit our Facility Directory, but please note the list of closed facilities above. If there is no nearby Kaiser Permanente pharmacy or if other assistance is needed, please call 1-888-218-6245.
For information about member coverage or how to redirect or replace your prescriptions, or if your Kaiser Permanente ID card has been lost, call our Member Service Contact Center.
Member Service Contact Center
If you have questions about the information provided here, please call our Member Service Contact Center, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (closed holidays).
Chinese dialects: 1-800-757-7585
When calling, be sure to let our Member Services representative know you’ve been affected by the wildfires.