Behavioral health services

Photo of a fig

Oregon and Washington

We take care of the whole you. Your personal physician coordinates your care with a mental health specialist or team that can diagnose mental health issues that affect your health and well-being.

Combining research and clinical expertise, we ensure that your care benefits from the most recent advances in medical and behavioral science, and we work with you to find the most effective treatment for you, based on your needs and comfort level.

Your care begins with you

Depending on your needs, you can choose from a wide range of services:

  • Call or email your doctor.
  • Make a non-urgent appointment online with your primary care doctor.
  • Call to make an appointment for therapy and other counseling services: 855-632-8280
  • Call our Emergency psychiatric services (24 hours): 1-866-453-3932 (toll free)
  • Talk to an advice nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-813-2000 (toll free).
  • Speak with a health coach about issues including stress management and life balance. They can offer support and help you explore options to meet your health goals. Call 503-286-6816 or 1-866-301-3866 (toll free) and select option 2.

Emotional and behavioral problems

We offer services for children, teens, families, and adults dealing with emotional and behavioral problems, such as:

In an emergency

We care about your health and helping you make wise care decisions. Understanding what kind of care you need is important.

If you think you have a medical or psychiatric emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. Do not attempt to access emergency care through this website.

If you have an urgent symptom or you want to speak with a nurse, do not use this website. Instead, please call your local Kaiser Permanente facility.

Community resources


National Suicide Hotline
1-800-273-8255 (toll free)

Runaway Line
1-800-621-4000 (toll free)

Washington State Teenline
1-877-345-8336 (toll free)

Alcohol and drug problems

503-292-1333 or 360-693-5781

Alcoholics Anonymous
503-223-8569 or 360-694-3870

Comprehensive Options for Drug Abusers (CODA)

Sexual concerns

Multnomah County sexually transmitted disease clinic

Planned Parenthood
1-888-875-7820 (toll free)

Portland Women's Crisis Line

YWCA SafeChoice

Other resources

Child abuse reporting and information
Oregon: Clackamas Co. 971-673-7112, Washington Co. 503-681-6917, Multnomah Co. 503-731-3100
Washington: Regional Intake: 1-888-713-6115 

United Way information and referral

Clark County information and referral

Reviewed by: Jane Erwin, Jay Roberts, MSW, John Casey, PhD and Herbert Ozer, LCSW, November 2015

© 2015 Kaiser Permanente