Available to you at no cost through your health plan, ChooseHealthy* offers a directory of complementary care providers, an online store, fitness club discounts, savings on health products and services, and more.
You'll find reduced rates on:
- fitness facility memberships (10 percent discount with a participating fitness facility)
- chiropractic care (25 percent discount off a contracted chiropractor's usual and customary fees)
- acupuncture (25 percent discount off a contracted acupuncturist’s usual and customary fees)
- massage therapy services (25 percent discount off a contracted massage therapist’s usual and customary fees)
- herbs, vitamins, and supplements
- health and fitness books and videos
Register for ChooseHealthy, and you’ll also receive a free annual Premium Membership (a $69.95 value). This membership gives you access to online resources and tools to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. You can develop a personalized exercise or meal plan, track your progress, and more.
Visit ChooseHealthy or call 1-877-335-2746 (toll free) for more information.†
Save money — and get Active and Healthy
Bring a healthy balance to your life (and your bank account).
With Complementary Health Plans (CHP) Active and Healthy, you'll save money on hundreds of fitness, wellness, and entertainment activities including:
- ski and snowboard lift tickets at great locations like Mt. Hood Meadows
- gym memberships at over 270 clubs in Oregon and southwest Washington
- Trail Blazers games and other professional sporting events
- first-run movies
- live theatre and symphony tickets
- weight loss programs
To take advantage of these great deals, go to the CHP Active and Healthy website. You'll need your Kaiser Permanente Health Record number to sign up.
Care discounts from Complementary Health Plans (CHP)
Save on alternative and chiropractic care with this simple program. Just show your Kaiser Permanente identification card at your appointment with a participating provider. You pay the discounted fee at the time of service.
If your Kaiser Permanente health plan has a chiropractic benefit, use that benefit first. (Your chiropractic benefit may require a referral from a Kaiser Permanente provider.) Then use the complementary care discount for additional care, or for services that aren't covered by your health plan.
You won't be charged an additional premium for the CHP network discounts. These discounts are available to all Kaiser Permanente Northwest members at no additional cost. You pay only the discounted fee for CHP services.
You don't have to pay a copayment for CHP services. These special discounts are not part of your benefit package; they are an added service available to all Kaiser Permanente Northwest members. You simply pay the discounted fee for the service you receive.
Fees for CHP services do not apply to your annual deductible and annual out-of-pocket maximum. Because the discounts are not part of your specific benefit package, those costs do not count toward your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum.
Search for an alternative care or chiropractic provider through Complementary Health Plans. (Please check your benefit coverage to determine if you have coverage for these services.)
To live safely and independently, we've teamed up with Comfort Keepers® to help our members in eligible service areas** save money on nonmedical, in-home services such as:
- assistance with bathing and/or dressing
- meal preparation and other home support services
- medication reminders
All Kaiser Permanente members in eligible service areas** will receive:
- a 5 percent discount on fees for selected services provided by Comfort Keepers
- a 2-hour per-visit minimum for Kaiser Permanente members (The usual per-visit minimum is 3 to 4 hours.)
- a complimentary home safety assessment from Comfort Keepers (There is no obligation to purchase any Comfort Keepers services to receive this assessment, or to fix any problems that may be found during the assessment.)
Access to discounted Comfort Keepers services is not a Medicare or Kaiser Permanente benefit. No referral is necessary to purchase this service.
To ensure that you receive consistent, high-quality, and dependable service, Comfort Keepers carefully selects and screens its caregivers. All caregivers pass extensive background checks and are bonded and covered by Worker's Compensation.
For more information, visit the Comfort Keepers website.
Please note: The products and services described are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Kaiser Permanente grievance process.
LifeStation® medical alert
Are you a senior living alone? You can have piece of mind with a medical alert system that includes a wall button and a console speaker for 24-hour access to help without having to get to a phone. In the event that LifeStation needs to call emergency services or friends and family, a Care Specialist will remain on the line until help arrives. The special offer for Kaiser Permanente members who are permanent residents of the Northwest region is $21.95 per month.
For more information, call (855) 322-5008 or visit the LifeStation website.
Mom’s Meals NourishCare®
If you're recovering from an illness or procedure and are unable to shop for food or prepare healthy meals, we're here to help. Mom’s Meals delivers ready-to-eat meals made with fresh ingredients to your home. Meals are available for members with specific conditions, such as diabetes and cancer. Kaiser Permantente members receive a reduced rate of $5.98 per meal including tax and delivery.
For more information, call (888) 860-9424 or visit the Mom's Meals website.