There are many methods available — we'll help you find the one that works best for you.
Strive to thrive: wellness coaching by phone
If you are trying to quit smoking, getting started and staying motivated can be a challenge. You can get the extra support you need to quit just by making a phone call. Partner with a coach today to:
- Focus on healthy habits
- Create a customized quit plan
- Schedule convenient telephone sessions
Wellness coaching is available at no charge for Kaiser Permanente members. Coaching is offered in English and Spanish, and no referral is needed.
Are you thinking about quitting tobacco? Simply pick up the phone and call to get started. Call 1-866-862-4295, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.
Online healthy lifestyle programs: Breathe
HealthMedia® Breathe® supports you as you explore why it’s hard to quit smoking or give up tobacco, and offers tips and advice to help you give up the habit.
You will find healthy ways to:
- Boost your confidence to quit
- Cope with stress
- Deal with urges
- Find healthy alternatives to smoking
- Get support from family and friends
Once you complete the online questionnaire, you will receive a customized action plan that shows you successful ways to quit smoking and breathe easier.
Try the program that has successfully helped 59 percent of its participants stop smoking or using tobacco.
Learn more about healthy lifestyle programs and get started.
The Quit Smart program
Take a step toward good health by gradually quitting nicotine. Quit Smart is designed to help active smokers achieve a smoke and tobacco-free lifestyle today, and maintain a tobacco-free lifestyle through daily stressors and challenges.
Participants will work with our certified Quit Smart instructors to discuss a quit method that is right for them—either behavioral work with gradual methods, nicotine replacement patches, or Bupropion SR.
- Reduce your nicotine intake by gradually switching to low-nicotine cigarettes.
- Begin to understand why you smoke. Set the foundation to eliminate withdrawal symptoms.
- Utilize the acclaimed Quit Smart Stop Smoking Kit. This kit includes an informative guide, a relaxing hypnosis CD, and a patented, realistic cigarette substitute.
- Learn to use your thoughts to make quitting easier. Use hypnosis to relax and focus on stress. Get the right kind of support from family and friends. Control your weight.
- Develop a deeper knowledge of your habit and further refine the methods that will make you a nonsmoker.
- Learn how to stay a non-smoker and add pleasures to offset the loss of smoking.
The Quit Smart program has proven to have a continuous high success ratio that exceeds other stop smoking programs.
Quit Smart is a four week program, meeting once a week for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. Quit Smart is no cost and available to non-members; however, the class schedule is variable. Please check for availability by calling the Health Line at 404-365-0966 or sign up for a class in your area.
Georgia tobacco Quit Line for life
If you are ready to quit smoking, you do not have to do it alone. This free phone resource provides screening, counseling, referrals and printed materials to help you quit tobacco and take a step toward healthier living. Friends and family can also call to get information about how to help their loved ones quit. Call 1-866-784-8454 (press 1 for English, press 2 for Spanish).
Kaiser Permanente members enrolled in the Quit Line telephone counseling program or the Quit Smart Program are eligible to receive vouchers for Bupropion SR or nicotine replacement patches for $5. Vouchers can only be redeemed at Kaiser Permanente pharmacies. Members should talk to their doctor if interested in using quit medications or nicotine patches. For a listing of facilities near you visit our facility directory.
You can also learn more about living smoke or tobacco free as well as receive information about quitting techniques, motivation, and other resources in our quit smoking center.